Lymecycline Journey [Acne Diary #1]

Hey Everyone, I have a bit of a different post for you all today and it is one that I never really thought I would do. Keep reading to ...

Hey Everyone,

I have a bit of a different post for you all today and it is one that I never really thought I would do. Keep reading to see what new journey I will be on~



Acne is something I never really struggled with till my late teens and even then, it never really bothered me all too much. However, as I grew over the age of 20, I started to realise that my acne may be more deep rooted and so decided that after having tried changing my diet and skincare products and nothing worked, I decided to go for the medical route; that being antibiotics.

Although my acne is not as severe as most, being 22 and still stuck in the teenage phase with my skin was really starting to bug me and so I decided to go and see my GP and ask what could I do about it.

And so, I was prescribed this medication and I will be on it to treat my acne for the next three months and so weekly, I thought I would do an update on how it is going and how this product works for me or not. I will also be on a cream that I will use nightly.

Here is an extract about the product;


Lymecycline is a tetracycline-type antibiotic. It works by interfering with the ability of bacteria to produce proteins that are essential to them. Without these proteins the bacteria cannot grow, multiply and increase in numbers. Lymecycline therefore stops the spread of the infection and the remaining bacteria are killed by the immune system or eventually die.
Lymecycline is mainly used to treat acne, as it is active against the bacteria associated with acne, Propionebacterium acnes. This is a common type of bacteria that feeds on sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. It produces waste products and fatty acids that irritate the sebaceous glands, making them inflamed and causing spots. By controlling bacterial numbers, lymecycline brings the inflammation of the sebaceous glands under control and allows the skin to heal.
source; netdoctor
I am excited to see how this will go, but, of course I am not expecting some miracle and will wait to see what happens first. I know a lot of people aren't to fond of taking medication and think of it as an extreme thing. However, you never know then if it could help you until you have tried it and of course, it may not be the right path for everyone but still I hope you follow me on this journey to hopeful clearer skin. Just remember to always consult your doctor or GP first, when seeking medical advice.

If you have any questions about this product or asking your GP, then do leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer any queries!

Have you tried medication to treat acne before, what are your thoughts?




You Might Also Like

0 comments